Spicy Italian Spaghetti Pie Recipe
Looking for a Spaghetti Pie Recipe? Jackpot! Michele Romano's Top Secret Recipe for Spaghetti Pie is yours! A little spice makes this dish hard to put down once you are full. In fact it has recently been referred to as addicting! It is quick and easy to make especially if you have spaghetti sauce left over from a previous meal or you have sauce prepared ahead of time. That is when I usually make spaghetti pie.
This pasta recipe yields two deep dish pies or one 9 x 13 baking dish. It can certainly feed a hungry bunch. Serve with garlic bread and a fresh green salad with Gigi's tangy artichoke dressing. Another delicious alternative to ground beef is using ground chicken to make this scrumptious spaghetti pie!
Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion, diced
- 4 -5 cloves organic garlic, crushed or sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp dried red chilies
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 tomato paste cans water
- 1 - 14 oz (398 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 - 28 oz (796 ml) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Fry ground beef well in olive oil, add onions, garlic and spices.
- Fry tomato paste blending thoroughly with ground beef.
- Stir in tomato paste cans of water.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add chopped tomatoes and juice
- Sprinkle in parmesan cheese
- Simmer sauce for 2 hrs, stirring occasionally.
- 450 grams of spaghettini (enough for 2 deep dish pie plates or 9 x 13 baking dish).
- 1/4 cup butter
- Boil until al dente (firm)
- Drain and stir in butter.
- 3-1/2 cups (750 gram container) cottage or ricotta cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Top with 1-1/2 cups grated marble, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack cheese
- In medium size bowl, mix together cottage cheese, two beaten eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Add in green peeper, green onions and garlic powder.
- Blend cheese mixture thoroughly in with pasta.
- Stir in (I guess at the amount) 3 to 4 cups of sauce.
- Dish into 2 pie plates or 9x13 inch glass dish, smoothing over with a spatula or large spoon.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over top.
Some Nutritional Facts for this Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- Top with mozzarella or Monteray Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown and pie is heated through.
- Cut into wedges or squares.
have amazingly high levels of vitamins and minerals. They contain an impressive list of plant derived chemical compounds that are known to have disease preventing and health promoting properties.
lowers cholesterol levels and blood sugar which helps prevent heart attack and stroke. When crushed, raw cloves releases allicin, which has been shown to be a more potent antibiotic than penicillin and tetracycline.
Return From Spaghetti Pie Recipe to Italian Pasta Recipes