Heavenly Scent Won Ton Soup Recipe
You will be wanten this won ton soup recipe all the time once you taste it! Especially once the realization hits you that you can make it at home in your very own kitchen without too much trouble. This will save you a delivery cost or running to your nearest Chinese food restaurant to get your fix. And you will have leftovers to boot! You just know you will be wanting more wonton later... O.K. Bad joke but you get my point!
This Heavenly wonton soup recipe is healthy, easy to make and fairly inexpensive when you consider what you would pay for a large bowl in a good Chinese restaurant.
Wonton means “swallowing clouds” in Chinese. I love that! You will feel like you have swallowed a few clouds and gone to heaven once you have tasted this devine soup. In fact, it really is a Heavenly Scent Recipe.
Won Ton Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Meatball filling:
- 1 lb. fresh ground pork or fresh ground chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 dashes of Taipan Chinese 5 spice
- 1 package wonton wrappers
Ingredients for Soup:
- Mix all the above ingredients together well, using your hands.
- Roll into tiny meatballs.
- Bake in oven 350 degrees until browned, turning over once. (approx 15-20 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let meatballs cool.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or canola
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 8 cups organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- Saute the leeks, mushrooms, bok choy and bean sprouts in oil.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, chicken broth, water and salt.
- Bring to a low simmer.
- Roll meatballs up in wonton wrappers 1 at a time bringing the corners together and giving a light squeeze in the palm of your hand. (Wet the edges of the wrappers to help them stick if needed.
- Once you have rolled all your meatballs in wrappers gently drop them into the simmering broth.
- As soon as wontons float to the top, reduce heat to very low.
- Serve immediately to make sure wontons do not overcook and fall apart.
- Add soy sauce or hot sauce if desired.
Return from Won Ton Soup Recipe to Soup Recipes