Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
A Carnival of flavor. Simply the best stuffed manicotti recipe on the web today!
I know you maybe thinking "wow, this Italian Pasta recipe sounds too much like work". Hello??? Allow yourself to think ahead... to those moments as you are savoring every decadent forkful , and your family and guests are raving about your cooking skills! This recipe for stuffed manicotti is well worth your time spent.
I know that I truly love the anticipation of a stupendous Italian creation after I slaved all day in the kitchen. Wait a minute, slave is not a word that I would use to describe what I do in the kitchen. (Although my husband may not agree lol) Seriously, the highlight of my day is when I boot it for the kitchen to start preparing the evening meal. (Or is it my glass of wine that I cook with? Mmmmm.)
Serve with Italian green salad dressed with Geeg Toscano's amazing artichoke dressing!
Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get started making one of Michele Romano's favorite top secret recipes , my heavenly stuffed manicotti recipe!
Michele Romano Recipes
Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
- 1 1b lean ground beef
- 2 - 3 Italian sausages, hot or mild (take out of casings)
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/3 cup Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 package of 14 manicotti noodles
- 1 cup fresh grated mozzarella cheese
- Fry ground beef, Italian sausage together until browned, set aside to cool.
- Mix following nine ingredients together in large bowl.
- Mix in ground beef mixture using your hands.
- Gently drop manicotti noodles in boiling water (7 at a time for 3 min.)
- Drain and rinse in tepid water to stop from cooking.
- Gently stuff each noodle, being careful not to split.
- Place in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped in small cubes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 tomato paste cans of water
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, or 4 cups home canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup or 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp. Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Saute onion, garlic, green pepper in oil for 4 min.
- Stir in tomato paste, fry for 3 min, stir in water, tomatoes and sauce.
- Add in salt, pepper, fresh basil and 1 tbsp cheese.
- Simmer sauce for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover manicotti with prepared sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 min, removing foil for last 10 min.
Prep time: 50 min.
Cook time: 30 min.
Serves: 6 to 8
Live Long and Mangia!