Dorothy's Roasted Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Absolutely the best Roasted Rosemary Chicken Recipe ever!
This traditional Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes recipe comes straight from Italy. It was lovingly passed on to my mom, Dorothy Romano, 30 years ago from a sweet elderly Italian woman. She has added her own special touch to it and it has become a family favorite. It goes fabulous with say........a vegetable dish like steamed green beans, or some creamed corn and a nice side salad of your choice. (See my sizeable assortment of salads and homemade dressings).
Bake this delectable, chicken dinner recipe nice and slow for melt in your mouth, tender, morsels in every bite.
Roasted Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- 1 frying chicken, cut up in pieces (or buy thighs, legs breasts etc separately if preferred).
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (reserve 1 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary is best (or 1-1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (or 1 cup fresh sliced)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4-6 potatoes (quartered)
- Brush olive oil on chicken pieces until coated
- Put in baking dish or on cookie sheet, salt and pepper
- Sprinkle half of the rosemary all over chicken.
- Bake slowly in 350 degree oven for approx. 30 min.
- Turn chicken over with tongs
- Mix mushrooms, onions in a bowl with the olive oil and potatoes. Sprinkle in remaining rosemary. Spoon this over and around the chicken pieces
- Continue baking approx. 1 hr. at 300 to 325 degrees until chicken is tender, golden brown, and potatoes are cooked.
- Note: If chicken starts to dry, add 1-2 tbsp of water and cover for last 15 min. Baking times may vary slightly with different ovens.
is a key herb in European herbal medicine. It's known for strengthening the memory, aiding in fat digestion and relieving aching joints.
Return From Roasted Rosemary Chicken to Top Secret Recipes