Pina Colada Ricotta Cupcakes Recipe
With summer soon approaching these refreshing pina colada ricotta cupcakes will take the cake at any summertime backyard BBQ or birthday party! These are a summertime sweets that are light and fluffy, not too heavy to eat in the heat. One of my favorite Italian cupcakes.
Cupcakes of all kinds are becoming very popular these days for various occasions and parties. In place of a wedding cake last summer, my daughter had a tiered cupcake wedding cake and it was beautiful and unique. One little cake was on top for the cutting, but each individual had their own cupcake. So, if you want to take part the latest cupcake fad, try my yummy pina colada ricotta cupcakes for your summertime sweet tooth!
Pina Colada Ricotta Cupcake Recipe
- 1/2 (125 ml) cup sugar
- 1/4 (50 ml) cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp Bacardi white rum or 2 tsp (10 ml) Rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can (398g) crushed pineapple, drain, and reserve juice.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) coconut cream or heavy cream
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 degrees C.) Line 12 muffin cups with paper or silicone muffin tin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter or coconut oil, egg, ricotta cheese and Rum or rum extract, beat with mixer until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple and coconut.
- Fold in dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter equally into muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- In a bowl, using electric mixer beat together cream cheese, vanilla, cream and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Beat in icing sugar until icing is fluffy and spreadable, adding more sugar or pineapple juice if necessary.
- Spread icing on cooled cupcakes and sprinkle tops with coconut.
Prep time: 40 min.
Cook time: 25 min.
Serves: 12 cupcakes
Health Benefits of Coconuts: The Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in vitamins, fiber, and minerals. The coconut provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content. Coconut oil has healing properties far beyond that of any other dietary oil. They are extensively used in traditional medicine among Pacific and Asian populations. Pacific Islanders consider coconut to be the cure for all illness.
Return From Pina Colada Ricotta Cupcakes to Italian Dessert Recipes