Italian Raisin Bread Recipe (Raisin Pane)
I don't agree with the name the Italians give for this insanely delicious raisin bread recipe! It is not a pane, especially when you use your bread making machine! Lol.
Imagine the delightful aroma of cinnamon and raisins wafting through the entire house as a loaf of this homemade bread is baking. The wholesome flavor and chewy texture of this bread (especially when toasted) is incomparable to any store bought raisin bread. It's one of my favorite Italian Bread Recipes.
Make sure you keep all your windows closed or you will have every neighbour and their dog at your doorstep. The smell alone of this raisin bread baking makes you think you have died and gone to heaven. And, you haven't even tasted it yet!
Raisin bread is a healthy treat to wake up to in the morning and it is easy and as quick as your bread maker can make it!
Raisin Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp lukewarm water (80-90 degrees, 27-32 degrees C)
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter ( I use 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (heaping)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 tsp fast rise yeast
Optional: I add 2 tbsp ground flax and 2 tbsp oat bran.
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 3 hrs. (Every bread maker is different so it might take a bit longer in some)
Yield: 1 - 1/2 lb. loaf
- Add all ingredients in the order above to your bread machine.
- Set bread maker for large loaf, light or medium crust, (depending on how your machine bakes)
- When it is done baking, place loaf on a cooling rack for a bit before sliced or putting it in a bag.
Health Benefits: Raisins are considered to be one of the most nutritious dried fruit in the world! Raisins are packed with vitamins and minerals. They are completely cholesterol free, in fact they help fight cholesterol. Raisins contain Boron which is a great brain boosting mineral. The health benefits of this amazing fruit is endless. Just eat lots of raisins!
Return From Raisin Bread Recipe to Italian Bread Recipes