Succulent Pan Fried Steak / Roasted Eggplant Recipe
Impress your guests or your partner with Danny's (my husband) succulent pan fried steak (see video), complete with my incredible roasted eggplant platter over pasta. Dan cooks up a perfect, tender and juicy steak every time no matter what the cut! This is one meal we always work together on. I do the roasted eggplant and vegetables over linguine and he does the delectable steak on the side. It is definitely a match made in heaven (so is the steak and eggplant pasta by the way) and it is also a full course healthy dinner idea! Serve it with some toasted Italian garlic bread and this is one meal that will dazzle all those who partake!
Roasted Eggplant Recipe
Preparation for Eggplant Platter
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 large or 2 small Portobello mushrooms
- 5 fresh Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 14 kalamata olives
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilies
- 1/4 cup of Romano or parmesan cheese.
- 2-4 filet mignon or top sirloin steaks (Depending on how many you are feeding.)
- Spaghetinni or linguine pasta
- Fresh grated Romano, Asagio, or parmesan cheese. (sprinkle on top of pasta and eggplant)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop peeled eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, yellow pepper, mushrooms tomatoes into large bite sizes pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add in spinach, olives, garlic and fresh basil. Gently mix all together.
- In a measuring cup whisk together, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, chilies and Romano or parmesan cheese.
- Pour over vegetables in bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Line a large cooking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spoon the vegetables onto parchment paper.
- Roast in oven approx. 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but firm.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water.
Pan Fried Steak
How To Cook Pan Fried Steak
(uncut - the video not the steak!)
Dan's Steak Seasoning (combination of spices)
- Montreal steak spice
- Garlic salt
- Seasoning salt
- Crushed red peppers or your favorite hot sauce (optional)
Sprinkle on Steak as per instructional video above
- Serve roasted vegetables on top of pasta with steak and garlic toast on side.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese and fresh grated pepper on top.
Return From Pan Fried Steak to Italian Beef Recipes