Geeg Toscano's Italian Potato Salad Recipe
The first time I tasted Geeg's Italian potato salad recipe, I could not stop eating it! I was almost willing to give up my plate of pasta, (the keyword is almost)! I never pass on pasta and it was the next course.
It is a great idea to make this Italian delight ahead of time, (even the night before). The extra time allows the delicious flavors of the dressing, (consisting of olive oil, oregano and fresh squeezed lemon) to marinate into the potatoes.
This potato salad is a fresh side dish for almost any meal that you are making.
Note: Many of the Romano and Toscano family recipes contain Romano Beans either fresh or dried. We are very fortunate that both families grow them. If you have never tried them, they are incredible. However they can be difficult to obtain, consequently, I will always give alternatives to use in place them.
Michele Romano Recipes
Italian Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 red potatoes
- 1 cup whole green Romano beans (or whole green beans)
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Approx. 10 Kalamata olives
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk above ingredients together.
- Boil potatoes (skin on or off is optional, depending on potato I like to scrub them well and leave them on) Chill potatoes
- Boil eggs and chill.
- Boil Romano or green beans, chill with cold water and split them in half one end to other.
- Cut up potatoes in a bowl in large bite size pieces.
- Add eggs, chopped onion and Kalamata olives.
- Pour dressing on salad and gently mix thoroughly making sure the dressing coats all of the potatoes.
- Marinate in fridge (stirring occasionally) until ready to serve.
- Be generous with the dressing in this recipe. It does soak in quite a bit.
- You may have to adjust to taste the amount of lemon and salt and pepper according to personal preference.
Prep time: 45 min.
Live Long and Mangia!
Lemon Juice has so many health benefits. From losing weight to controlling blood sugar levels. Lemon juice helps with digestion, skin care, toothaches when messaged on the gums, and it's anti bacterial properties help fight infections in the throat area. Use it!
Extra virgin olive oil - is derived from the first pressing of the olives and has the most delicate flavor and many antioxidant benefits.
Oregano is loaded with health benefits. It is known to be an effective anti-bacterial. It also has potent anti-oxidant activity.
For more on eating healthy, I find The Health Benefits Times very informative.
Return From Italian Potato Salad Recipe to Italian Salad Recipes