Tuscan Focaccia Bread Recipe
Whatever you are simmering, stewing or brewing, this Italian style focaccia bread recipe will be an incredible accompaniment to any Italian cooking recipes!
There is nothing like old fashioned homemade bread but I have to say I do love my bread maker. What a time saver. Everyone should own one! Just add your ingredients to the bread maker and voo-ell-aa, out comes a perfect pizza dough or a beautiful healthy loaf of bread. It's magic I say!
Anywho, back to Focaccia bread. Serve this decadent treat hot out of the oven with one of my Italian soup recipes or just dip it in a good quality extra virgin olive oil and some aged balsamic vinegar. Either way, your family and/or guests will enjoy every morsel!
Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp butter (I also add 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2-3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp quick rise yeast.
- Optional: 2 tbsp ground flax, 2 tbsp oat bran to add health benefits.
Foccica Bread Topping
- Place all the above ingredients into bread machine and turn it on the dough setting.
- When dough is done, place dough onto flour surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- With buttered fingers, spread dough onto a large cookie sheet.
- Let rise covered in warm place for approx. 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- Sea salt
- Course pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped or 1-1/2 tsp dried
- Saute onions, garlic powder, oregano in fry pan until soft.
- Beat eggs with a fork, add cheese and onion mixture.
- Spread evenly over raised dough.
- Place olives on top like you would a pizza.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Lightly sprinkle rosemary over top of bread.
- Bake in oven @ 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes and is golden on top.
Prep time: 2 hrs
Return From Tuscan Focaccia Bread Recipe to Italian Bread Recipes