Michele's Deviled Egg Recipe
When our parents were younger, every woman had to possess a deviled egg recipe in her cooking repertoire. It was an absolute must! This treat was always a welcome guest at any party, event, or just plain old after school snack for the kids. Deviled egg recipes are not only delicious but low fat and very important these days, low budget!
I think we should get back to our roots and reintroduce this quick and easy appetizer back into our parties and events, lest our children should miss out on a healthy snack well worth sharing and passing on.
I always like to use free range or grain fed brown eggs. The difference is amazing in both taste and nutrition in the grain fed brown eggs! These savory deviled eggs are exquisite and one of my favorite healthy appetizer recipes.
I based this recipe on 6 boiled eggs and of course double it for a healthy dozen!
Recipe for Deviled Eggs
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 whole green onion, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise (miracle whip is also fine)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp green relish
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika to sprinkle on top
- Boil your eggs for about 9 minutes. Run cold water over them and let them cool.
- Carefully peel your eggs and gently remove yolks into a bowl. Set the cooked egg whites aside.
- Mash egg yolks with a fork until smooth.
- Chop in your green onion and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the mixture up until well blended.
- Using a small spatula gently fill the egg whites with egg yolk mixture.
- Arrange on a nice plate and sprinkle the tops with paprika.
- Garnish your plate with parsley or vegetables such as celery and the leaves and radishes etc.
Return From Deviled Egg Recipes to Heavenly Scent Appetizer Recipes