CHICKEN TETRAZZINI (Pollo Tetrazzini)
Chicken tetrazzini is easy to make and quite delicious. I have sampled various chicken tetrazzini recipes but this one is the best ever!
This famous dish, was originally created in San Francisco by Chef Nicholas Sabatini somewhere between 1908 and 1910. Named in honor of famous Italian opera singer, Luisa Tetrazzini. This pasta recipe is always a crowd pleaser as was she. Served with a yummy fresh tomato garlic side salad and a nice glass of Chianti wine to enhance the flavors. You don't have to be rich or famous to enjoy this fabulous Italian pasta recipe!
Optional: 1/4 cup Sherry
- 4-5 lb frying chicken
- 3 cups organic chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups broad egg noodles
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Place chicken in a soup pot or dutch oven.
- Cover chicken with 3 cups water.
- Add the chicken broth, salt (and Sherry).
- Simmer for approx. 3 hours (until chicken starts to fall from bones).
- Strain all chicken and bones out of stock.
- Cut chicken off bone and into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Bring the strained stock to a boil, add noodles and cook till al dente (about 10 min.)
- While noodles are cooking, saute onions, peppers and mushrooms in butter until golden brown (approx. 5 min.)
- Drain noodles reserving approximately 1-1/2 cups of the chicken stock in pot.
- Add cheese, chicken pieces, mushroom mixture, and toss all together in the pasta and reserved stock.
- Heat thoroughly, (without overcooking pasta), sprinkle with Italian parsley and serve immediately
- Serves 6-8
Return From Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe to Italian Chicken Recipes