CHICKEN TETRAZZINI (Pollo Tetrazzini)
Chicken tetrazzini is easy to make and quite delicious. I have sampled various chicken tetrazzini recipes but this one is the best ever!
This famous pasta dish, was originally created in San Francisco by Chef Nicholas Sabatini somewhere between 1908 and 1910. Named in honor of famous Italian opera singer, Luisa Tetrazzini. This pasta recipe is always a crowd pleaser as was she. Served with a yummy fresh tomato garlic side salad and a nice glass of Chianti wine to enhance the flavors. You don't have to be rich or famous to enjoy this fabulous Italian pasta recipe !
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- One 4-5 lb frying chicken
- 1 - 900ml carton organic chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Optional: 1/4 cup Sherry
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups broad egg noodles or approx 450 gram pkg. fettuccine
- 1-1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Place chicken in a soup pot or dutch oven.
- Add chicken broth, water, salt, rosemary, (and Sherry if using).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 2hrs. or until chicken is golden brown and starting to fall away from bone.
- Remove chicken from broth straining out any bones.
- Remove chicken from bones, slice into desired size pieces. Set aside.
- Bring the strained broth to a boil, add noodles and cook till al dente (about 10 min.)
- While noodles are cooking, saute onions, peppers and mushrooms in butter until golden brown (approx. 5 min.)
- Add mushroom mixture, Parmesan cheese and chicken to cooked pasta, and mix well
- Serve hot, sprinkle Italian parsley and extra cheese if desired.
- Don't forget fresh grated pepper!
Live Long and Mangia!
: 30 min
: 150 min
Health Benefits: Rosemary is a key herb in European herbal medicine. It's known for strengthening the memory, aiding in fat digestion and relieving aching joints.
Italian Parsley is loaded with nutrition. Parsley is a good source of vitamin K, A, folic acid, vitamin C, potassium, as well as fiber. It also contains flavonoids which makes it a strong antioxidant, thus helping reduce free radicals and inflammation. Parsley has iron in it and is a natural breath freshener as well. It's best to add it during the last few moments of cooking for the best flavor.
Return From Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe to Italian Chicken Recipes