Marla's Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Hands down, the finest chicken parmesan recipe that I have ever tasted!
This Italian chicken recipe
is based on 4 servings, you can add 2 more chicken breasts if you desire extra portions. Linguine is the pasta of choice for this prize dish. Always keep in mind
, whole wheat, quinoa, organic and other gluten-free pastas
that are now available. You can also mix whole wheat with regular pasta. As I mentioned in my pasta page, Catelli Smart Pastas are high in dietary fibre and have a light taste. (A great way to trick your family into healthier eating)
Salads For Marla's Chicken Parmesan Recipe
If you choose to have salad on the side of Marla's chicken parmesan recipe, I have a delicious variety in my Italian salad section.
Recipe for Chicken Parmesan
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
Chicken Parmesan Sauce
- Mix bread crumbs with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Tenderize chicken breasts by pounding with meat mallet.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg and roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Fry chicken breasts in olive oil and butter until nicely browned on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to a 9 x 13 baking dish or casserole dish.
In Sauce Pan
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil (or 1-1/2 tsp dried)
- 1-1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 small can tomato paste (1-1/2 tomato paste cans of water)
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or an Italian four cheese blend
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil, add basil and oregano.
- Stir in can of tomato paste, frying lightly for 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir in 1-1/2 tomato paste cans of water.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth.
- When sauce starts to simmer, add 1 tbsp. of the Parmesan cheese. Simmer sauce on medium low heat for 30 min.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts, cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top, uncover and bake until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Serve over hot linguine or spaghettini
: 45 min
: 30 min
Live Long and Mangia!
Oregano is loaded with health benefits. It is known to be an effective anti-bacterial. It also has potent anti-oxidant activity.
Basil has been shown to help in the treatment of a range of symptoms, including: digestive disorders, inflammation, infection, diabetes, heart disease and headaches.
Garlic lowers cholesterol levels and blood sugar which helps prevent heart attack and stroke. When crushed, raw cloves releases allicin, which has been shown to be a more potent antibiotic than penicillin and tetracycline.
For more on eating healthy, I find Health Benefits Times very informative.