Italian Tomato and Avocado Bruschetta Recipe
This yummy bruschetta recipe is so fresh and juicy that every bite bursts in your mouth with flavor. One of my favorite healthy appetizer recipes. I have taken this delightful starter to birthdays, showers and family gatherings and so on. I can't count all the requests that I have had for this recipe.
I especially love it when I have fresh Roma tomatoes in my garden. I am finding that they are also available in most supermarkets today. It is a good idea to let the tomatoes sit on your counter for a few days to ripen and enhance the flavor.
My favorite way to serve bruschetta is with a fresh baguette, fried naan bread or the crackers of your choice.
Note: My roasted garlic recipe is an incredible appetizer that goes very well with bruschetta.
Michele Romano Recipes
Italian Brushetta Recipe
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh grated Romano or parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, chop tomatoes into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Chop avocado into 1/4 inch cubes, add to tomatoes.
- Stir in green onions, garlic and basil.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Prep time: 30 min.
Serves: 3 cups
Live Long and Mangia!
Nutritional Facts: Avocado is widely considered the
world's healthiest fruit. Its nutrient contents
such as vitamin K, dietary fiber, potassium,
folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, and
reasonable calories in it make it one of the most recommended
fruits to help fight cholesterol-related heart
diseases. It's health benefits are off the chart!
For more on eating healthy, I find The Health Benefits Times very informative.