Italian Bread Sticks Recipe (Bread Maker)
Italian bread sticks recipe Michele Romano style. Baked and ate hot out of the oven, what a delightful addition to any Italian meal. They are also very sinful for the waistline. I don't know about you, but all these buns, breads and rolls are big weaknesses of mine! You'll need al the self control you can muster. Especially fresh baked and served warm with an Italian appetizer platter or with a big bowl of pasta. Well, as they say moderation is the key...lol.
I like to experiment with all my bread and bread maker recipes for buns and bread and pizza dough. I do this by adding whole wheat flour, rye flour or rice and oat flours. Of course we all know that most these recipes are the best with the good old fashioned white flour.
(1 1/2 1b loaf)
- 11 oz (1-1/3 cups) water
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp powdered milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp quick rise yeast
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Whisk the above ingredients together to brush on bread sticks
- Heat up water and butter in microwave for 25 seconds until lukewarm.
- Pour into bread maker and add all other ingredients.
- When dough is ready, remove from bread maker.
- Roll out into rectangle, brush with topping.
- Cut into 1 inch strips (pizza cutter works well)
- Place on large greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper)
- Cover and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14 -16 minutes until golden brown.
Return From Italian Bread Sticks Recipe to Italian Bread Recipes