The Best Tiramisu Recipe
The best Tiramisu recipe and one of the most sought after Italian dessert recipes on the planet! Rich and velvety this is the ultimate tiramisu recipe!
In Italian, Tiramisu means "pick me up" and it really does lift you up into heavenly places !
I love the fact that this tiramisu recipe is a no-bake Italian dessert. However, if you opt to make your own ladyfingers, well then of course there is some baking involved. If that's the case, it's a good idea to do the baking ahead of time.
If you are pressed for time, which most of us seem to be these days, then the store bought Italian lady fingers can be used. (Pavesini or Italian Savoiardi buscuits) Either way, Tiramisu is a decadent ending to any meal!
Note: For homemade ladyfingers (see recipe below ).
Best Tiramisu Recipe
- One package (24) store bought or homemade Italian ladyfingers
- 8 oz. (250 ml) mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or Frangelico liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup Italian espresso, cooled
- 4 oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate, grated (about a cup)
- 1 tbsp of each sifted coco powder and confectioners sugar (for dusting)
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat mascarpone cheese and sugar together.
- Beat in coffee liqueur and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
- Quickly dip each homemade or store bought lady finger into cooled espresso.
- In the bottom of an 11x7 glass baking dish, arrange half of the espresso dipped lady fingers.
- Spoon half the mascarpone cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers over mascarpone layer.
- Spoon remaining mascarpone mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. (Overnight works well)
- Sprinkle with coco powder and confectioners sugar before serving.
Prep time: 40 min.
Cook time: 0 min.
Live Long and Mangia!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat egg yolk until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in almond and extract.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, and gradually beat in sugar until whites are glossy and very stiff.
- Fold egg yolks gently into whites.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Drop batter by tablespoons onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper forming lady fingers 3 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 10 minutes until light brown.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack.
Yields - 2 dozen