Italian Creamy Apple Lasagna Recipe
Michele Romano's creamy apple lasagna recipe is truly a unique Italian dessert. Very few people have ever had the pleasure of tasting this exquisite creation! They say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", but in this case you may be wondering if a quick call isn't necessary depending on how much you have over indulged in this mouthwatering Italian dessert recipe.
As you probably know, every authentic Italian meal is an experience from start to finish, and there always is an exciting finish. It may be an Italian cheese and fruit platter or a beautiful selection of delectable cannoli or a spectacular Tiramisu Recipe. Apple cream lasagna is a delightful mixture of all the above....fruit, cheese and cream all in one amazing dish! Go ahead, it's O.K. Indulge yourself and your guests with my easy creamy dessert lasagna!
This recipe makes an 11x7 glass baking dish.
Creamy Apple Lasagna Recipe
- 9 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 Granny smith apples peeled and cored.
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds or pecans
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz. (250 gr.) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Place noodles in baking dish and cover with hot water and let soak 15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add apples, water and brown sugar, cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts and cinnamon, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and 2 tbsp brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and set aside.
- Melt last 2 tbsp butter.
- Combine with bread or cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Spread half the apple mixture in bottom of baking dish.
- Layer 3 noodles on top of apple mixture.
- Spread with half of cream cheese mixture and layer with 3 more noodles.
- Spread with remaining apple mixture and layer with last three noodles.
- Top with remaining cream mixture and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Health Benefits Almonds: Did you know Almonds help reduce heart attack risk, lower bad cholesterol, protect artery walls from damage, build strong bones, provide healthy fats, aid in weight loss, lower the rise of blood sugar after meals, provide good brain function, nourish the nervous system, and alkalize the body!
Return From Creamy Apple Lasagna Recipe to Italian Dessert Recipes